Thursday, September 30, 2010

More Thoughts on Being Alone

I'm learning how to be alone, and to be okay with it. I'm now learning that being alone doesn't equate with being lonely, especially if you believe in a loving Creator, a God who wants to relate and commune with your life, one who wants to be near all the time. That's something that I have always had trouble, and still do. How do live in such a way as to be near to God? How to I talk to Him? How am I to understand Him? To relate to Him? God often seems to be a great concept in my mind, rather than a tangible relationship. But, maybe, just maybe, with this intentional time of separation from relationships, I'll how to put my relationship with God first. Make that what I live for, rather than trying to please people, to live up to expectations. Maybe I can really face myself with only God to turn to for approval. Poco a poco.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!!I I'm absolutely loving reading your blog!!!! I'm typing this from mark's ps3 though and ii can't say it's not tedious . i'll write you an email soon though. ps i just gave your blogsite's addy out to mark dawson!!! he sd there's the beginning of snow falling in co!! ok i'm just going to email the rest!!!
    much love,
    jon e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solitude is a spiritual discipline, so I'm glad you're learning about it.

    ReplyDelete