Saturday, August 7, 2010

Why?

Well, the whole question of why is a rather long and drawn out one, but I'll try to make the explanation short. You see, I'm a planner, and I really like to have a structure to my life, and to know what's coming next. So, back when the whole college graduation thing happened, last May, I felt a little uneasy about what I was doing next, but felt like I had a decent plan. I thought I had concocted a pretty sound image of what my life would look like for the next couple years.
But, in a strange string of events, that I'm still sorting through in my mind, and at the point of deciding to accept one of two job offers, God stepped in, and reminded me that I'm not the one in control. And, I say that with confidence, that God is orchestrating all of this, but in all honesty, it's a daily struggle to trust that He's in control, and it's not my own stupidity and indecision that has brought me to this bike trip. All that said, I was overwhelmed with confusion and frustration, and I threw all of my previous plans aside.
For what, you ask? (Maybe you're not asking, but let's pretend.) For what? I didn't know, at the time, and I still can't really say that I KNOW what I'm doing. But, I think a bike trip might help me figure that out. I like biking, and I've always loved doing adventurous things, and I hope that I can spend time on this trip, thinking and praying. I hope to work through that confusion and frustration, work on my relationship with God, and hopefully figure out a little more of who I am and what my passions are.  So, here I am, about to go on this trip, and we'll see where God leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment